It’s likely the Board will soon propose new or revised bylaws.
A new or revised bylaw must meet two conditions:
- It must respect Ontario condo legislation. You will find links to this legislation here.
- It must be approved by a majority of owners. In our case that means at least 104 owners must vote in favour.
Aside from the required conditions, owners should make sure we’re satisfied that a bylaw:
- Is it necessary? Does the bylaw address a need? Is it an improvement over what we have had up to now?
- Is it sufficient? Does the bylaw deal with all circumstances that could arise?
- Is it desirable? Does it improve our lives and property value?
- Can it be enforced? If there are violations who deals with them and how?
It’s important to remember that any new bylaws will be with us for a long time. We would be approving measures that will govern Frobisher Place now and for many years to come.